Raphael Nadolny sent a triptych of photos of the old vodka factory Koneser which means connoisseur in English in the Warsaw district of Old Praga.
The industrial complex was built around 1900 and at times employed more than 400 people. After World War II the premises were acquired by the Warsaw Spirits Industry Polmos which had to close the factory in 2007.
Raphael’s photos are from 2009 when “the halls were lifeless, empty, with no workers moving around” and the whole plant was “silent, abandoned, entwined in cobwebs and a thick layer of dust”.
Right now, the former factory is being revitalized and transformed into an area of residential, office and commercial facilities.